Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Resolutions… how are we moving forward?

By David Ngosa, Zambia YMCA

I wish to send my greetings to you all as we go towards Christmas and the new year 2010. We just have a month before we say goodbye to 2009. When I was thinking last night, I asked myself what I think I have achieved in the 11 months of this year. The answer was very difficult to find I can assure you, but am still hoping to find the answer soon.

Well, getting to my question now "S2C - IN WHICH DIRECTION?". Yes we all agreed at the Summit to be moving in a certain direction which, in principle, is forward! forward! But the question again is how we are moving forward? Is it face front or front face? I hope you understand this because myself I am grappling with it.  Many other issues like this, we find hard to understand and this is why I even failed to find the answer to my question last night.

My wish for S2C/Ambassadors

My greatest wish for the S2C is that we should reach a point where the community will recognise us as the weapon of Change from Subject to Citizen. I wish that the candle can burn brighter and brighter every day like a star. All over Africa and the world people are seeing us on the internet… listening to what we are saying about the young people in our different countries. I therefore believe that we have a lot of power through documenting our work and making sure that we are known for the good works we are doing. Indeed, some may not agree that we are doing great works for the movement and also the Kingdom of God - but yes, we are.

My dear brothers and sisters, time is now! Let us all choose to move forward and see transformation in the young people. I choose not to make standards for anyone, but I will be very happy if as we make plans and resolutions for the year 2010, we don't forget about the S2C. This is a new baby we have as the YMCA family and we need to show lots of love for it to grow even stronger. Think about which life you want to touch. Is it a street child, a suffering widow, a youth that is a victim of bad politics, an orphaned child or perhaps your own life?  

Oh my God!!! I have too much appetite for a society free of violence, HIV/AIDS and unemployment. This is my dream and our dream should be more powerful as Citizens and Ambassadors. I love my people and I know you do.

May our God that gave us the knowledge to move forward with S2C and bless us.


Amen!!!!





1 comment:

  1. hello david,

    I like your article.
    I think it's very important in therm of each year to make a personal assessment.
    This allows us to criticize us and set goals and resolutions for the new year.

    And the new baby (S2C) will need our attention, our strength and our love to grow up.

    Maryse

    ReplyDelete